Woodville House is a fine five bay, two storey over basement Georgian house dating from about 1800 situated above the river Barrow.
The property was acquired by P J Roche, great grandfather of the present owner in 1876 and is now occupied by the 5th generation of
Roches to live there. It is thought to have been built by the Tottenhams, the first mention of it being the home of Edward Tottenham and
subsequently was lived in by a Reverend Minchen.
The house has two gate lodges, one a gothic lodge opposite the river Barrow and the other a 19th century Italianate gate lodge with
gates at the southern end of the property. This entrance way and avenue were built after the construction of the now disused railway.
The house, recently renovated, maintains its period charm with period interior decoration and antique furniture. Visitors to the house can
view the reception rooms, the former billiard room with faithfully copied and reprinted original wallpaper and Victorian conservatory by
the Messenger Company.
To make a booking for Woodville House, please visit our Air BnB accommodation page.